These 18 quotes for the new year are from one of my personal, handwritten journals of quotes that I love. I’m sharing them in hopes that they will inspire and enlighten you as much as they have me so we can rock this amazing new year together!
1. I realized adventures are the best way to learn. – Anonymous
2. Your life is your story. Write well. Edit often. – Susan Statham
3. If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living. – Gail Sheehy
4. To be kind is more important than to be right. Many times, what people need is not a brilliant mind that speaks, but a special heart that listens. – F. Scott Fitzgerald
5. Everything in life is easier when you don’t concern yourself with what everybody else is doing. -Anonymous
6. I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. – John Burroughs
7. Do you want to be happy? Let go of what’s gone, be grateful for what remains, and look forward to what is coming. – Anonymous
8. Think deeply. Speak gently. Love much. Laugh a lot. Work hard. Give freely and be kind. -Anonymous
9. The trick is to enjoy life. Don’t wish away your days waiting for better ones ahead. – Marjorie Pay Hinckley
10. Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again. – Og Mandino
11. Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place. – Kurt Vonnegett Jr.
12. Waiting for someone else to make you happy is the best way to be sad. – Anonymous
13. If you’re feeling frightened about what comes next, don’t be. Embrace the uncertainty. Allow it to lead you places. Be brave as it challenges you to exercise both your heart and your mind as you create your own path towards happiness. Don’t waste time with regret. Spin wildly into your next action. Enjoy the present, each moment, as it comes, because you’ll never get another one quite like it. And if you should ever look up and find yourself lost, simply take a breath and start over. Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart. You’ll find your way again. -Julia Brown, Everwood
14. What would you do if you weren’t afraid? -Sheryl Sandberg
15. I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it’s the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It’s probably the most important thing in a person. -Audrey Hepburn
16. “What day is it?” asked Pooh. “It’s today,” squeaked Piglet. “My favorite day,” said Pooh. -Winnie The Pooh
17. You are born and then you die, but in between you can do anything you want. It’s society that creates rules for us, but you can break out of that. – Zola Jesus
18. What counts most in life is what we do for others. -Anonymous
Until next time, lifers.
Happiness. How can something be talked about so often and still feel so elusive? If…05 January, 2018